Our complete electronic mail and data-transfer system specially designed for clients; requiring no additional software, such as conference mail processors, encoding or decoding tools, compression software, or other external utilities.
Welcome to FrontDoor APX/w, the premier electronic mail system, from Definite Solutions, for clients running in environments compatible with the Windows operating system.
FrontDoor APX/w (pronounced APEX) is a complete electronic mail and data transfer system specially designed for clients, requiring no additional software, such as conference mail processors, encoding or decoding tools, compression software, or other external utilities.
Electronic mail brings new dimensions of usefulness to the Personal Computer. With FrontDoor APX/w, it is easy to set up new paths of communications within an organization using equipment that is already present in most cases.
FrontDoor APX/w is the given choice for portable clients such as sales and technical staff “on the road”, stationary clients such as LAN users, as well as remote clients working out of a “home office”.
FrontDoor APX/w typically interacts with a specific FrontDoor server to transfer mail and files (including any type of document). Should the final destination be a system other than the FrontDoor server, the mail and files are automatically forwarded to the recipient’s designated server.
FrontDoor APX/w can use most types of dial-up communications equipment such as modems and ISDN adapters, including cellular modems; for LAN access, it will fetch and deliver mail and documents directly via the LAN.
FrontDoor APX/w is reliable communications.
Reliable communication means that nothing is distorted or corrupted during the transfer of mail and files, even across extremely poor line conditions or with interrupted transmissions. If a FAX is used to send a manuscript back and forth for repeated editing and revisions, it would very soon be completely illegible. With FrontDoor APX/w, the actual document(s) can be sent back and forth an unlimited number of times without ever losing a single character. An added advantage is that the same software can be used to edit the document at both locations.
With the easy installation, coupled with an extensive on-line help system available at the touch of a key, FrontDoor APX/w can be installed and configured in less than 15 minutes by most users; experience with electronic mail systems is not required.
FrontDoor APX/w features private mail (one-to-one) as well as conference mail (one-to-many, typically used for workgroups); private mail can furthermore be sent to a number of recipients by means of carbon copies (visible, hidden, and “blind” for distribution lists).
FrontDoor APX/w can be pre-configured by a system or site administrator to further enhance ease and security of new installations.
FrontDoor APX/w is designed to operate with a single server, such as FrontDoor. All transactions are with the server system, affording management control of all transfers. A network can be configured to include as little as a single FrontDoor Server and a single FrontDoor APX/w client, or it can include unlimited FrontDoor APX/w clients operating under multiple FrontDoor Servers. FrontDoor APX/w and FrontDoor can meet your requirements, whatever they are.
FrontDoor APX/w is clearly the front runner in electronic mail systems for networks utilizing the client-server concept. Combined with the power of a FrontDoor server, an effective, secure and manageable electronic mail network provides the ultimate in electronic communciations.
Examples of use:
The following outlines some examples where FrontDoor and FrontDoor APX/w is being used or can be used.
- Remote viewing and monitoring of a production facility with FrontDoor APX/w sending image and instrument data back to a FrontDoor server.
- Remote viewing and monitoring of car, train, ship, and flight traffic information systems with FrontDoor APX/w sending image and instrument data back to a FrontDoor server.
- Remote viewing and monitoring of weather instruments with FrontDoor APX/w sending image and instrument data back to a FrontDoor server.
- Point-of-sale (POS) systems where FrontDoor APX/w is used as a pure data-transfer client to transfer store inventory updates, sales figures, and end-of-day statement and report data. This includes the possibility to link an entire production-freight-point of sale chain together.
- Product development with developers spread over a large geographical area, sharing ideas and resources. This includes a common code depository and database with technical support issues, fault reports, etc.
- Simple and efficient messaging (mail) system between employees in one or more offices with optional conferences with two or more participants.
- Database inquiry and extraction; financial figures, inventory data, simple “common databases”, ordering systems, document services.
- Automated shipping of production material from provider to final production facility such as reporters and editors writing articles for printing, technical writers, and translation agencies.
- Communication between head-office and remote geographical locations such as off shore oil drilling platforms, on-the-road sales and technical support staff; through use of satellite and/or cellular technology.